11.6.13

picturing d r e a m s ...


l e f t   &   r i g h t

Today I'm celebrating 38 years & 3 months of life.

I was born on a Tuesday much like today.

Even though a broken tooth brought me to book an emergency appointment

with a  { f a b u l o u s ! } dentist in my current neighborhood,

and the fact that I came home to a hacked mail account,

{nevertheless with a very relieved mouth & the ability to speak & pronounce properly again }

I enjoyed the  b i c y c l e   r i d e  

back & forth.

I focused on  e n j o y i n g  every minute

as if a separation & a subsequent very possible, temporary movement

to Greece wouldn't be taking place.

{ Greece is lovely, yet at the moment  I  L O V E  m y   l i f e  here more than anything! }

As if the boxes that are getting packed are simply gonna

take me just to the right place

after having set up home here



This post is all about what  I  w i s h  to  be  p a r t  of   my  l i f e  from now on.

It's a post devoted to  a c c e p t i n g  that I have d r e a m s  to work for,

it's a post about s t a t i n g  that I believe with all the power of my existence,

that I have and I am working very hard to make them  m a n i f e s t  in my life

and however they might manifest somehow differently than presented,

the  a t m o s p h e r e  and the  e s s e n c e  is set.

{you might want to hop over to  t h i s   p o s t  to find out,

or to remind yourselves about

how I'm painting my future,

starting  n o w }


Since it's the 11th of the month

{ at least it still is in the part of the world I'm typing this from}

I thought that sharing  11 p a i r s  for your eye pleasure would fit nicely.

{ I cannot describe the pleasure &  f i r i n g  of neurons that takes place in my brain when 

combining pictures in pairs or collages....I just love seeing them make... out! 

I know... go ahead press charges on me for eye p*rn }


If you'd like to  p a i n t  y o u r  d r e a m s  with  p i c t u r e s,

then simply  g o  a h e a d !

M a k e  your own pairs & collages

p o s t  them on your blogs


l i n k   to this post,

s h a r i n g  what it is all about.

Call it:

" p i c t u r i n g   m y  d r e a m s "

Come back here & be sure to  l e a v e   a  c o m m e n t  so that I can visit you!

I'll be so VERY glad to see your dreams!


But first, c o m e   w i t h   m e , I'll share some of my  d e e p e s t   w i s h e s with you...

top left - right - bottom middle - bottom left


so, yes, the fact is, I  w a n t   i t   a l l. 

The  w h i t e  b r i c k  w a l l  at my new house to be, the pebbled  p a t i o,

the  g a r d e n,

the Ikea p.s chairs, the o l i v e   t r e e s , 

the  f r e s h  mint that I'll have planted in my chalkboard painted pots,

& the emerald green one piece  b a t h i n g   s u i t ,

that I'll be wearing while enjoying the sunshine,

on my deck.

on my white chairs.

drinking cool tea with mint,

all coming from my potted herb garden.



l e f t  &  r i g h t


then I want to  g e t   m a r r i e d . to the o n e  person I love with all my heart & mind.

the person who does exactly the same.

I want to get married and feel all  d i p p e d   in happiness

cause we'll be M r s  &  M r .

Just because.

Just because l o v e  is a wonderful thing

& such a commitment only  o p e n s the doors to  f r e e d o m 

as we've never experienced before.

I want to get married &  g o   t o   P a r i s.

Again.

{ once is never enough for such a city, I must tell you that }

I want to go to Paris and w a k e   u p  at a similar veranda.

Wonderful in its humble size.


l e f t  &   r i g h t


Then I want to eat lunches and dinners that will have been sometimes prepared

 by his  e l e g a n t ,   k i n d   &   l o v i n g   h a n d s .

{ I can't emphasize enough how much I appreciate and cherish men with let's say... feminine hands }

Lunches & dinners that will be getting prepared while I take care of

bringing  f r e s h   h e r b s  from our garden.

While I do the  g a r d e n i n g ,

cause I simply just love it so much to be  c l o s e   t o   n a t u r e.


l e f t   &   r i g h t 


Lunches & dinners taking place around  l o v i n g l y  set tables,

in a place called  h o m e ,

where the inhabitants  g r o w ,   e x p a n d ,   e v o l v e

and  decide to  s t a y   t o g e t h e r  to face life

and its sometimes c h a l l e n g e s  and  d i f f i c u l t i e s.

L u n c h e s  and d i n n e r s   in the company of simple yet immensely charming flower arrangements.

A r r a n g e m e n t s  made on the spot,

with no big fuzz.

But then with  s o  m u c h  love.

L o v e   f o r   l i f e .

L o v e   f o r   p e o p l e .

L o v e   f o r   l o v e .


left - top right bottom right - middle right 

I want a  b e d r o o m   where love can be taking place.

A place where love can  u n f o l d .

And  t h r i v e above everything else.


l e f t   &   r i g h t


I want to  b a k e  lemon ricotta and almond  c a k e s ,

wearing a blue  d o t t e d  s k i r t   &   a  s t r i p e d   b l o u s e.

I want to bake them and s h a r e  them with friends & family that will be gathered around,

impatiently waiting for the first warm piece to be cut, served, tasted & cherished.


l e f t   &   r i g h t 

I want to take part in  e x c i t i n g   p r o j e c t s,

involved in developing  b e a u t i f u l   s p a c e s 

for  b e a u t i f u l   p e o p l e 

People that have learned to  o p e n   t h e i r   h e a r t s.

People that are willing to l e a r n 

People that through their own  m i s f o r t u n e s,

they become  s o f t e r, yet  s t r o n g e  r,

able to share themselves  w i t h   t h e   w o r l d.

l e f t   &   r i g h t 


Then I want  to w a l k  b a r e f o o t  on the simple concrete floor of my  s u m m e r   h o u s e,

somewhere in a corner of the earth where then s u n  s h i n e s often.

there where the salty air can be felt on your lips while you take deep breaths.

I want to go up & down the stairs of this place

that I'll have found,

cause  m y  i n t u i t i o n   t o l d   m e 

that it's the right place for me

l e f t   &   r i g h t 


and then I want to have the ability to  e m b r a c e   p e o p l e  for who they are,

while at the same time being kind but letting go of those in life

who insist on judging from their own limited perspectives,

concluding that a  b r i l l i a n t   s w i m m e r ,

should also be an  a m a z i n g  c l i m b e r  at the same time.

l o v e swimming.

And through life by the woods I've learned to also cherish the trees.

But if one judges me here for my ability

to  s w i m   l i k e  a   m e r m a i d,

then it's inevitable to 

face disappointment.

I have become an  e x c e l l e n t   w o o d   w a l k e r  here.

I keep the s w i m m i n g   p a r t  for when I'll be finding myself in water again.

...............................................

picture credits under each pair or collage

all diptychs & collages made by Iro - Ivy Nassopoulos


please note that some links will only take you to pinterest accounts

any assistance in providing precise links & information 

is welcomed


7 comments:

  1. Dear Ivy,
    your words touch me. Well-chosen words accompanied by so lovely pictures. It's always a joy to read your blog. Keep believing in the good!

    xo, FrauSchmitt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo meine liebe Frau schmitt :)

      Always a pleasure to have you over & be encouraged by your words!
      I'll keep believing in the good & supporting that by practicing it ;)

      Ganz liebe Grüße,
      Iro

      Delete
  2. It 'nice to dream. I always do, even with open eyes, it helps me to live better and to fight because some of them come true. Beautiful your dream full of love, home, family. My biggest wish is that it can be realized!
    a hug
    Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Emanuela :)!

      Daring to dream is in fact a way of promising to act towards their realization. Every action begins with a basis. Accepting and acknowledging that we have dreams includes the risk or not being able to fulfill them, still it's the only way for action to begin taking place.

      Practice makes perfect and through mistakes & failures, we should be learning and managing to be achieving and living some of our dreams.

      One step at a time {I love this expression, as it contains so much information about how to achieve our goals}

      Warm hugs to you my dear,
      Iro

      Delete
  3. Dear Iro,
    I did it. Find my dreams here: http://lauxinteriors.com/sommerlicher-tagtraum/
    Hugs
    Imke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imke,

    my dear talented friend! I'm enchanted by your picture of your dreams!

    Thank you for sharing + doing this together with me :)

    Many hugs & wishes for a nice day,
    Iro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds and looks absolutely wonderful. So so you! Have fun following your dreams my dear xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete